Effective as of November 1, 2018
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
- operate and improve the Service and our other products and services;
- understand you and your preferences for purposes such as to enhance your experience and enjoyment using the Service, and our products and services;
- process and deliver promotion (e.g., contest and sweepstakes) entries, winners and rewards;
- send you a welcoming email, to contact you about your use of the Service and to provide important Service and other updates;
- provide the services, products or information you request and to process payments and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Service and other products and services;
- send you surveys or questionnaires;
- send you newsletters;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests and sweepstakes, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Company and our selected partners;
- use for editorial purposes, such as to contact you about content you have submitted to the Service or to give attribution to content you submit;
- send an email on your behalf which contains a display or link to a recipe, article, advice or other content you have selected to share with a friend through our Email-a-Friend service (however, we do not use the name and email address you provide us through this feature for any other purpose);
- link or combine it with other personal information we get offline and/or from third parties, for purposes such as to help understand your needs, provide you with better service, and determine whether marketing offers from third parties would be of interest to you; and
- investigate and take action against fraudulent or illegal activity or improper conduct and otherwise protect us and our users.
Company may save your credit card information for use when you log in to make future purchases. Company may store and process PII in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
- We may share your PII with our affiliates, our technical consultants, auditors and other third parties who act on our behalf, for example, to make the Service available, enhance functionality, or provide services related to the Service or fulfillment of subscriptions or orders for any of our products and services (such as sending emails, processing credit cards, fulfilling subscriptions and other orders, providing customer service, and performing data-, information technology-, or marketing-related services), and/or who assist us in producing, delivering, billing, collecting payment for, renewing and otherwise managing content, samples, products, and gifts and prizes.
- We may make your PII, along with certain other information about you, available to third parties for the purpose of offering products and services that may interest you, unless you opt out of such information sharing. (See the sections below entitled “Notice of your Choices about Our Use and Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information” and “Notice to California Customers – Your California Privacy Rights” on opting out of information sharing).
- We may transfer your PII and other information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also provide aggregate statistics and de-identified data about our customers, which we treat as non-PII as permitted by applicable law, including data about traffic patterns and related site information, to third parties for their own purposes, including statistical analysis. For instance, we and third parties may convert your PII to a unique identifier, such as through hashing (which we treat as non-PII as permitted by applicable law), and we and third parties may use and share that data as permitted by applicable law, including to match data attributes to and from other data sources. Any such third party activities are subject to their privacy policies and practices.
Your Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
Please be aware that when you connect and share your actions, comments, content and information, for example, through discussion board postings on the Service, those actions are not private. Others may capture personal information you post, including your email address, and may use the data to identify or contact you, including to send you emails. We cannot control such actions by others. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. If you share information about others, please be sure to respect their privacy and get consent for any information you may share about them. If you use our Email-a-Friend or Referral service, you represent that you have permission for the recipient to send that person the message and you accept that your name and email will be disclosed to them as part of that message.
Notice of Your Choices about Our Use and Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
If you do not wish to receive promotional and newsletter emails from us, you may click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email.
If you opt out of promotional or newsletter emails from us, we may continue to send you certain communications such as service announcements, transaction notices and administrative messages, relating to the Company or the Service that are necessary to our relationship with you.
If you wish to opt out of our promotion lists for receiving offers via postal mail or telemarketing from third parties for their products and services, contact customer service at email@example.com or at:
D2C Ventures, LLC
1750 Highway 160 W.
Fort Mill, SC 29708
You may also use the postal address above for general customer service questions.
Third Party Activities
Notice to California Customers – Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place. As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, or to find out more about your opt-out rights and how we comply with this law, please contact us at the email address or postal address described above.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service, and who posted content or information on the Service, can request removal by contacting us at the email address or postal address described above. We will then make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third-parties may have republished or archived content by search engines and others that Company does not control.
Third Party Advertising and Analytics
Company Ads on Third Party Sites
We may use information collected using Tracking Technologies on our Service and in our emails to deliver Company advertising displayed to you on third party sites. We also may use Tracking Technologies information to know when you return to the Service after visiting these third party sites or when you go to a third party site or service after visiting the Service. We may use this information and other information about you, for purposes such as to try to understand your interests and show you relevant Company advertising about products and services you may need. For more information about your choices regarding some of these types of uses of Tracking Technologies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices and see the prior section above.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Server Logs
Company, and third parties such as related Web hosting providers, and advertisers and ad serving and tracking companies, sometimes utilize “cookie” technology and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) on or in connection with the Service. Cookies are bits of data stored on your hard drive that contain no personally identifying information (but may associate a unique identifier with your device and/or collect information that is hashed or otherwise converted to non-PII). Not all Web browsers accept cookies, and those that do usually provide a preference or setting that allows you to refuse and remove most types of browser cookies. If your browser does not accept cookies, you may still enjoy the Service but not all features and functionality may work.
We may also use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control for videos, or display content based upon what you view on the Service to personalize your visit. Third party partners provide certain features on the Service and may display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, using Flash cookies to help track and store information about you. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for certain Flash cookies click here.
We and third parties may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on the Service or in our emails. We may use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, collect and share information that is hashed or otherwise converted to non-PII, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Server logs capture certain non-personally identifying data (but do track device identifiers), such as the time and date of a Web visit or opening an email, the browser and operating system being used, and the Web URL a user linked from. This information may be used for various purposes, such as use in aggregate form to help us plan system enhancements when necessary and to provide content that is compatible with our visitors’ Web-browsing systems. We also collect information about keyword searches performed by visitors on the Service. We do not collect your name or email address as a result of using a search feature. We may keep logs of all words searched to help us learn what kinds of information Service visitors are seeking, and to improve our Service.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, we currently do not alter our practices when the Service receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com, but we are not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third party information. Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies, such as is described above regarding analytics and Interest-based Advertising. One way to potentially identify cookies on our Service is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser (www.ghostery.com), which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the websites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies.
Privacy and Security Precaution Warning
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via the Service.
Notice to International Visitors
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to prospectively change, modify, add, or remove portions of this policy at any time. Please bookmark this page and check it periodically. We will post any changes online.
Terms and Conditions
Please also read the Terms and Conditions posted on each online Service to understand the additional terms and conditions which apply to use of that site.